The Elephant Hill on the southern end of the Aberdares Ranges, is about 90km north of Nairobi, and perfect for a day hike
The Elephant Hill on the southern end of the Aberdares Ranges, is about 90km north of Nairobi, and perfect for a day hike. The Aberdares are the water catchment area feeding two of the largest dams supplying over 95% of Nairobi’s water needs, i.e. Ndakaini Dam in the Thika region and Sasumua Dam near Njabini town. The Aberdares slopes are also one of the major bread baskets for vegetables supplied to Nairobi groceries, and possibly the most significant source of the second most important staple food consumed in Nairobi, the Irish potato. “Chips”
** Mandatory for the Mt. Kenya participants.
- Casual slacks or cargo pants
- Comfy hiking shoes (No Sandals, No heels, No doll Shoes, No shorts & def. No skirts)
- Carry an extra T-Shirt (Always)
- Proper hiking shoes "Mandatory" for this hike.
*** Elephant Hill could be a "Muddy Affair"
- The meeting time will not be flexible. 5:30 am sharp, and depart promptly right after.
- A medium backpack to carry your lunch and snacks.
- Packed lunch and something extra to share with our guards and guides
- A jacket or something warm for the cold morning and evening
- Rain gear or water proof gear just in-case. (An umbrella is not hiking rain gear)
- Hat / cap for sun protection
- Snacks, energy bars etc.
- Plenty of water 3 -4 ltrs.
*E.A residents KSh. 3,600
*Non - Citizens, Park fees $65 plus Ksh. 2,100 Approx. KSh. 8,000
***All reservations require a minimum deposit of KSh. 1,400 by July 21st. 2019
- Business number #400200
- Acct number #01148108758900
All transaction must be confirmed with Xtrym Adventures Staff on 0717261033
#ElephantHill #XtrymHikes #XtrymFreinds #XtrymAdventures #TembeaKenya #NyandaruaCounty #MtKenya